[Zope3-dev] RFC: ZConfig and other formats for ZCML

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 04:52:16 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Maybe.  My thought that this might be handled by
> cheating in the sax events. (Or maybe we shouldn't
> exactly do sax events.)  In the event that says "here's
> a tag named 'foo'", we'd provide a list for the value of
> x.  Or we could do separate events for each option.
> I think we definately need separate events for top-level
> options.

Hmm, not got the foo to understand that, but how does ZCML's engine
currently deal with multi-valued attributes?

>> There are also ways to arrange configuration like this:
>>
>>   <search-path>
>>     directory1
>>     directory2
>>     directory3
>>   </search-path>
>
> Really?  Is this documented anywhere?  Is it used anywhere?

It might well be... please remember there are projects other than Zope
that use ZConfig. The "well, we're just going to dump ZConfig's engine
and replace it, but only for Zope" makes me nervous, especially when it
might turn into "oh, and we don't want to support some constructs, so
lets just dump them too" :-S

> Another issue is that it seems that it is possible for a ZConfig
> configuration file to include configurations for multiple aplications.

Not sure what you mean here...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk