[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-CMF] Fighting the Zope 2.9 testrunner

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Mar 22 09:46:16 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> I'm not sure what Chris meant, but the change to the visual output of
> the testrunner when running "with dots" seems gratuitous to me, as well
> - -- I don't see any benefit to the "indented, narrower" output,
> especially because it's "prettiness" gets fouled up anyway by
> deprecation warnings, etc.  I objected to the change enough to file
> collector issues:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1958
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/493

Your objections are and were noted.  I don't really
care about the format. I thought I had improved the output
at the time.  I find the new format easier to read myself
but I really don't care. If people would prefer a different
format, someone please change it.

What's really depressing about this is that we are spending
so much energy and angst over the layout of dots.

>>What the heck are you talking about? What doesn't work?
>

> Zope 2.9 broke the 'confiugre-make' dance in several ways, due (I think)

What does that have to do with the test runner?

Jim