[Zope3-dev] Re: revisiting IResult (for in-Zope pipelining)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 16 16:03:51 EDT 2007

Gary Poster wrote:
> The work that Jim Washington and David Pratt have started recently to
> make lxml an XHTML generator/ZPT replacement [#1]_ has really excited
> me.  It would be *great* with in-Zope pipelines [#2]_.

A general +1(0000) for this whole effort!

I have been having some thoughts recently about template-language
neutral pipeline architecture for Zope 3.

The basic idea would be to do something like XSLT rules or Genshi's
match templates, and spell them out as Zope 3 views. These MatchViews
would actually be views on a bit of a HTML page. The views are
associated using XPath expressions, not through interface lookup. The
MatchViews would be in a skin, and the skin has postprocessing logic
which determines what to apply.

This infrastructure would be very nice to have to start building this on
top of.

Regards,

Martijn