[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.viewlet breaking buildout?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Apr 16 23:30:01 EDT 2007

Thanks Jim. Where is PILwoTk located at the moment? I'll look to pull it
in with a dev egg in the short term in the buildout to satisfy the
dependency until this is more widely available.

With all the packages and dependencies to look after in a buildout,
particularly for a larger zope app, something like a pre-flight (that
could be executed as an option to a buildout) might be valuable. I think
something that could analyze, assess, verify, and print dependency
information without running a complete buildout might be the ticket if
it is possible.

The general idea comes to me from other systems I have used in the past
(such as xml publishing toolchains) where you run a pre-flight to
determine whether large documents will run through the toolchain
successfully without actually constructing the document.

Regards,
David