[Zope3-dev] zc.twisted egg on download.zope.org

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 17 12:51:09 EDT 2007

Recently, I've been working on a project  that uses twisted.  I
created a distribution of twisted that installs with easy_install and
buildout.  The project name is "zc.twisted" and the distribution can
be found at:

   http://download.zope.org/distribution/zc.twisted-2.5.0dev-
r17773.tar.gz.

I hope not to maintain this over the long run, as there is work by
folks in the Twisted project to create setuptools-friendly
distributions of Twisted.

The zc.twisted distribution includes all of the twisted packages
included in a checkout and doesn't build any extensions.  I have the
impression that none of Twisted's extensions, which are optional,
affect us significantly.  If anyone knows this to be incorrect,
please let me know what extensions are important and I'll update the
setup.py to build them. Otherwise, I'm too lazy to bother. :)

My project only uses a few of the twisted packages.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org