[Zope3-dev] Re: zc.twisted egg on download.zope.org

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 17 18:22:24 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Recently, I've been working on a project  that uses twisted.  I created
> a distribution of twisted that installs with easy_install and buildout.
> The project name is "zc.twisted" and the distribution can be found at:
>
>   http://download.zope.org/distribution/zc.twisted-2.5.0dev-r17773.tar.gz.

Awesome!

> I hope not to maintain this over the long run, as there is work by folks
> in the Twisted project to create setuptools-friendly distributions of
> Twisted.

That would be great. Last time I spoke to some of them, they were quite
negative about setuptools. I'm glad that wasn't where it ends.

I hope we can use this egg for the oooconv-server that Infrae has. Right
now it uses a cobbled-together way to install Twisted and this would be
much nicer.

Regards,

Martijn