[Zope3-dev] Grok sprint 2 reports

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 10:48:32 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

> I think you just proved Martin's point:  in my experience, maintaining
> other people's AT-based code is like Napoleon before Moscow:  thigh deep
> in freezing mud.

By AT, I assume you mean Archetypes, and Archetypes doesn't depend on code
generation, nor is it very hard to maintain other people's AT based code if
it was well-written to begin with. Maintaining other people's badly written
code is a pain no matter what tool they used to write it. :)

If you're talking about ArchGenXML, which generates AT code from UML, it's
not too bad. The code it generates is pretty clean, and if you decide to
abandon code generation, there's a minimum of cruft (mostly a few comment
blocks) that you can remove if you wish.

Martin