[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.4, eggs and windows

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 24 09:07:36 EDT 2007

Baiju M wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>>  Hey,

>> > 3.4 seems wrong, maybe they are 3.4dev?
>>

>>  I don't know - shouldn't that show up in the package name? It's just
>>  plain 3.4 in quite a few cases.
>>
>>  Should those be removed? If so, who does have the access to remove
>>  them? :)
>
> I have created completely deprecated packages' 3.4 eggs and
> uploaded to download.zope.org/distribution . Since we have
> nothing else to do with that, I think that is Ok.  I also found
> the final release of zope.testing in Python's cheeseshop.
> I am not aware of any other packages.

So if I understand you correctly, the 3.4 packages only exist for
packages that have been deprecated, and you think this is all right
because we're unlikely to change these packages before the 3.4 release?
Or do you mean the removal of these packages is ok? I can read what you
wrote either way. :)

Anyway, whatever you meant, I consider the current situation to be
confusing. The rule should be never to upload packages of a version
newer than what we're actually going to release next. I would therefore
still request the 3.4 packages to be removed.

I realize that eventually the individual package versions might start
running independently from each other. We will discuss that when we get
to it, though.

Regards,

Martijn