[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.4, eggs and windows

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Tue Apr 24 09:38:20 EDT 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>  Baiju M wrote:
>

> > I have created completely deprecated packages' 3.4 eggs and
> > uploaded to download.zope.org/distribution . Since we have nothing
> > else to do with that, I think that is Ok. I also found the final
> > release of zope.testing in Python's cheeseshop. I am not aware of
> > any other packages.
>

>  So if I understand you correctly, the 3.4 packages only exist for
>  packages that have been deprecated, and you think this is all right
>  because we're unlikely to change these packages before the 3.4
>  release? Or do you mean the removal of these packages is ok? I can
>  read what you wrote either way. :)

I meant the first one, i.e., "we're unlikely to change these packages
before the 3.4 release" . I did like that based on an earlier discussion:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-March/022136.html

>  Anyway, whatever you meant, I consider the current situation to be
>  confusing. The rule should be never to upload packages of a version
>  newer than what we're actually going to release next. I would
>  therefore still request the 3.4 packages to be removed.

I have no objection for removing those eggs, but I don't have
permission to remove those eggs from download.zope.org/distribution

Regards,
Baiju M