[Zope3-dev] access to download.zope.org/distribution

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 24 10:04:24 EDT 2007

Hi there,

We have various people in the community who produce eggs in large
quantities (Baiju, Christian Theune). These frequently get uploaded to
download.zope.org/distribution.

We currently have the problem that removing an egg (if uploaded by
mistake) is not possible for the community. This is important if we
upload eggs with the wrong version number, for instance.

In addition, community members also cannot go in and fix permission
problems, something Christian ran into recently. I think he fixed this
by uploading a new egg with different permissions, but still that's a
bother.

Would it be possible to give community members shell access to the
distribution directory? If not, would it be possible to move towards a
community-run download.zope.org instead, so that we *can* give people
access? We have a virtual server sitting around at Amaze that would be
fine for this purpose, for instance.

Regards,

Martijn