[Zope3-dev] access to download.zope.org/distribution

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 24 10:14:18 EDT 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Would it be possible to give community members shell access to the
> distribution directory?

Not in general.  I'd be willing to give a few people I know that
access. That is probably the best short-term solution.

> If not, would it be possible to move towards a community-run
> download.zope.org instead, so that we *can* give people access? We
> have a virtual server sitting around at Amaze that would be fine
> for this purpose, for instance.

That would be nice.  It should be a dedicated server, to limit access
to other facilities and key management is likely to be an issue.

The current situation is not ideal in a number of ways.

In the long run, I'd like to see something like PyPI or out classic
products mechanism that provided greater control that the current
system and was less cumbersome that PyPI or our products area.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org