[Zope3-Users] Anyone doing an ORM for Zope3?

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Dec 7 13:08:14 EST 2005

Just wondering if anyone is currently or planning to produce any kind of
ORM for Zope 3?

I'm representing some rows of SQL data as Zope 3 objects and find I need
some kind of minimal layer.  While I can issue SQL requests easily, in
Zope3 when receiving, validating and storing an add/edit form, Zope3
wants to write to my object attributes one at a time.  I tried hooking
setattr and issuing UPDATEs for each attribute but its (a) slow and (b)
some combinations violate my table constraints.

What I need is something that accumulates the setattr operations and
hooks into the Zope3 transaction mechanism.  Then when the commit
occurs, turn those into one multi-column UPDATE operation per object
modified.  Something like a Persistence mix-in for SQL-backed data.

Or is there another approach people are using for RDB objects?

-Jeff