[Zope3-Users] apache as zope3's frontend and NTLM

Simon Hang hangzhiyun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:39:41 EST 2005

Not under heavy load. Any machine should be able to handle this.
I use the config below

<VirtualHost *:808>
DocumentRoot /myplace/httpdoc
Servername myserver
ErrorLog logs/myserver-error.log
CustomLog logs/myserver-access.log common
<Location / >
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^c:/ftscompass/htdocs(/?.*)
http://localhost:8080/++vh++http:myserver:808/++$1 [P,L]
<IfModule mod_ntlm.c>
AuthName "NTLM"
AuthType NTLM
NTLMAuth On
NTLMAuthoritative On
NTLMDomain mydomain
NTLMOfferBasic On
NTLMBasicPreferred Off
require valid-user
</IfModule>
</Location>

</VirtualHost>

 But now, next question is how to let zope know the authenticated user?
REMOTE_USER is only available in CGI & SSL mode.
How to pass this before apache proxy the request?
 Anybody can help?
 Thanks,
Simon