[Zope3-Users] Re: Re: Blobs in Z3 anyone?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Apr 20 03:33:57 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 04:35:47 +0100, Chris McDonough
<chrism at plope.com> wrote:

> The zodb code is on the blob-merge-branch of ZODB in Zope's subversion
> repository.  I'm not sure when it's going to land in an actual ZODB
> release.  I'm fighting a bunch  of fires at the moment and it's on the
> backburner as a result. :-(

Is there a roadmap, to-do list or similar? Do you have an estimation of
how complete it is at this stage?

Storage of large files is something that Plone and the other CMSs solve
(to various degrees of success) at the wrong layer of the stack (although
Railroad/Tramline/Hurry are really interesting). Development at the ZODB
level scares me, but I'm sure there are people in various communities
interested in getting this solved once and for all.

Martin

--
(muted)