[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope3-dev] z3c - be or not to be

Mon Aug 28 03:59:34 EDT 2006

On 27.08.2006, at 18:53, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Roger Ineichen wrote at 2006-8-25 18:27 +0200:
>> The reason why;
>> We really have no time to do this in the next couple of
>> month. And the option sombody else doing it is also *NO*
>> option because we have allready productive projects build
>> on this libraries and have no time to migrate them for
>> nothing. Yes renaming the z3c namspace whould technicaly
>> possible, but for me(us) it's just a waist of time right
>> now. Could be that I will change my mind in the future
>> but not in the next couple of months.
>
> I have no opinion on namespaces (especially, whether or not
> "z3c" should be renamed).
>
> But technically, it would be extremely easy:
>
>   If nothing else would change than the top level name,
>   then a single module alias (e.g. "sys.modules['z3c'] = zorg")
>   would suffice to let all existing software work as before.

yes, but this "hack" have to be applied on all running instances we
have some z3c packages running

on the other side all the externals of all our projects need to be
updated

and this is really a waste of time as long there are no releases of
those packages, currently only the initial developers of the z3c
packages are actively working on those packages, i would say let us
talk about this issue in a few month again