[Zope3-Users] Why Zope3

Stéphane Brault stephane_brault at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 28 05:40:12 EDT 2006

I'm not a zope 3 expert, mainly a user.
 I use zope 3 for my company project and I'm fairly happy with it.
 I don't use the ZODB (the object database coming with zope) but
 mysql through the sqlos package (which allows to use the SQLObject
 ORM), there is also a package which allows the use of SQLAlchemy,
 zalchemy, but I haven't used it so I can't comment on it, but with one of these
 using Oracle shouldn't be a problem.
 I must say I don't really use zope 3 the 'traditionnal' way, and it's a tribute
 to the zope 3 developpers that I could go my way fairly easily.
 In my opinion zope's learning curve might be steaper than other frameworks',
 but the its well worth the initial pain, due to the sheer power of zope and the
 ease of extensions through the use of components. Once the core concepts
 are mastered, zope is easy to use and, in my opinion powerful and versatile.

 As I said, I'm no expert, but I hope that helps.

 Stéphane