[Zope3-Users] Localizing Zope3 content

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Fri Jul 7 09:50:02 EDT 2006

  Hi,

I'd like to have a few advises about Zope3 content localization.
My problem is as follow :
 - I have to build a new web site ; this site will mainly be in french
=> OK
 - some parts of the web site will be available in another language
(english, german and spanish) => OK

but :

 - some documents are available in several languages at the same time ;
they then have to be seen, from the contributor point of view, as a
single document written in several languages (of course, interfaces and
available fields will be the same for each language)
 - the same workflow is applied to all languages, but each language
version can be in a different step in the workflow (for example, the
french version can be published while the english one still have to be
validated and the german is still a draft ; the spanish one have yet to
be written...)
 - from the user point of view, language selection can be done via
browser settings or via a cookie-based setting ; but the different
versions of a same document have to keep the same URL.

>From now, I looked at Localizer and other Zope2 localization products
which gave me a few ideas, but I'd really like to have as many advises
as possible about this problem and the better way it should be handled
in Zope3.

Thanks for any advise,

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85