[Zope3-Users] Zope3 winXP service not working

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:15:41 EDT 2006

[Eusebius]
>> Nobody has encountered this problem before?
>> Maybe nobody runs Zope on Windows...

Probably more that nobody else has had a problem here, and can't guess
exactly what you did.  Testing Zope3 as a Windows service is a normal
part of the Zope3 release process, as described here:

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeWindowsRelease

You didn't say which version of Zope3 you're running, and perhaps
whoever built that specific Windows release skipped the service
testing -- can't guess.

Which version of Zope3?  Exactly what did you do to register & start
the service?  Are there relevant messages in the instance log?  In the
Windows System log?  In the Windows Application log?  What happens if
you follow the instructions in the Wiki page above?

[Eusebius]