[Zope3-Users] Re: Logout button missing in ZMI

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Nov 6 15:46:59 EST 2006

Shailesh Kumar wrote:
> I don't know what I did but I cannot find the logout button in my ZMI.
> So, I am not able to change login without closing the browser. Is there
> something which enables or disables this button in ZMI?

If you're using HTTP Basic Auth, logout is not easy because browsers
tend to remember that info till the end of the browser session. Firefox
has a "Discard HTTP Authentication" functionality when you install the
Web Developer Toolbar.

If you're using another credentials plugin, you can always go to
http://localhost:8080/logout.html (the 'logout.html' view is avaialble
on all ISite objects) to log out. If you add the following directive
somewhere in your ZCML:

   <adapter factory="zope.app.security.LogoutSupported" />

you will even be presented with a nice Logout link in the ZMI.