[Zope3-Users] How to make a new namespace for pagetemplates?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Fri Sep 8 07:43:50 EDT 2006

FB-5 wrote:

>> >my employer want to have all external links marked with a small icon
>> telling
>> >anonymous users from the internet that everything behind given links is
>> >beyond our responsibility.
>>
>> Why not use a piece of javascript to do this? See the linkpopper
>> product on plone.org for a way to process all links in a page and
>> process them. That product makes external links open in a new window,
>> but the code should be easy to alter.
>
> Thank you for the hint.
>
> But there are several reasons for not using JS:
>    * One of the constraints of that site is javascript being optional.
>      Problem ist: marked links are mandatory - they have to be marked
>      even with javascript turned off.
>    * I'd like to have a tag-postprocessing namespace for some other
>      reasons, too - e.g. for a printing-view that automatically creates
>      a list of links at the end of the page.
>    * I'd like to know, how to make a new pagetemplate namespace :-).

It's fairly annoying to have to change every view that may or may not parse
links, though. Think also about the case when links are coming from HTML
(possibly transformed from some other format?) inside some content object
rendered via a view.

Look at zope.contentprovider, though. It sets up the provider: namespace.
It's fairly simple.

Martin