[Zope3-Users] Buildout and defining build order

Darryl Cousins darryl at darrylcousins.net.nz
Thu Dec 20 18:07:05 EST 2007

Hi,

Is it possible to define in which order the parts are built. This
relates to my previous post about custom python in the build. If I could
ensure the custom python was built first would then eggs be compiled
using the custom python?

The second case I have is with psycopg2 and postgresql. Their  buildout
sections look like this:

[psycopg2]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg:custom
egg = psycopg2
find-links =
http://www.initd.org/pub/software/psycopg/psycopg2-2.0.6.tar.gz
define =
PSYCOPG_EXTENSIONS,PSYCOPG_DISPLAY_SIZE,PSYCOPG_NEW_BOOLEAN,HAVE_PQFREEMEM,HAVE_PQPROTOCOL3
include-dirs = ${postgresql:location}/include
library-dirs = ${postgresql:location}/lib
rpath = ${postgresql:location}/lib

[postgresql]
recipe = zc.recipe.cmmi
url =
ftp://ftp.nz.postgresql.org/postgresql/source/v8.2.5/postgresql-8.2.5.tar.bz2

But psycopg2 gets built first! And so does not find the postgresql
headers. Is there a solution to this?

Regards,
Darryl Cousins