[Zope3-Users] Buildout and defining build order

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Dec 20 18:23:04 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 6:07 PM, Darryl Cousins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to define in which order the parts are built.

Yes, they are built in the order listed.

> This
> relates to my previous post about custom python in the build. If I
> could
> ensure the custom python was built first would then eggs be compiled
> using the custom python?

Well, yes, sort of. I suspect the following thread is relevent:

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2007-November/008482.html

It's hard to say because your just showing snippets of your buildout.

> The second case I have is with psycopg2 and postgresql. Their
> buildout
> sections look like this:
>
> [psycopg2]
> recipe = zc.recipe.egg:custom
> egg = psycopg2
> find-links =
> http://www.initd.org/pub/software/psycopg/psycopg2-2.0.6.tar.gz
> define =
> PSYCOPG_EXTENSIONS
> ,PSYCOPG_DISPLAY_SIZE
> ,PSYCOPG_NEW_BOOLEAN,HAVE_PQFREEMEM,HAVE_PQPROTOCOL3
> include-dirs = ${postgresql:location}/include
> library-dirs = ${postgresql:location}/lib
> rpath = ${postgresql:location}/lib
>
> [postgresql]
> recipe = zc.recipe.cmmi
> url =
> ftp://ftp.nz.postgresql.org/postgresql/source/v8.2.5/postgresql-8.2.5.tar.bz2
>
> But psycopg2 gets built first! And so does not find the postgresql
> headers. Is there a solution to this?

It's impossible to comment because I can't see the whole buildout
config.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton