[Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge filesinthe same time?

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Feb 6 14:28:31 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Winkler" <pw_lists at slinkp.com>
To: <zope3-users at zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge
filesinthe same time?

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 01:29:36PM -0500, Jonathan wrote:
>> Thanks.  I was just wondering if there was some mechanism whereby zope
>> was
>> informed (by Apache acting as the reverse proxy) about a file 'as it was
>> uploading' as opposed to 'after upload was completed' - while this would
>> be
>> a nice feature it didn't seem feasible under the current apache-zope
>> interaction process (or at least my understanding of it!).
>
> Well, the HTTP headers should tell you the file size.

yes, but you don't get the HTTP headers (in a zope application) until after
the file upload is completed.  If you use Apache's  LimitRequestBody
directive you can limit file sizes uploaded by a user, but if the user
exceeds this limit they get an apache error response (as opposed to
something a little more user-friendly issued by the zope application).

I don't think there is a way around this, but it's not crucial so we can
live with it!

Jonathan