[Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge filesinthe same time?

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Tue Feb 6 15:22:58 EST 2007

> yes, but you don't get the HTTP headers (in a zope application) until
> after the file upload is completed.  If you use Apache's
> LimitRequestBody directive you can limit file sizes uploaded by a user,
> but if the user exceeds this limit they get an apache error response (as
> opposed to something a little more user-friendly issued by the zope
> application).
I've written about this in my answer to previous Alex Cheng post.
There is tramline (http://www.infrae.com/products/tramline) product
from infrae. It deals with uploading large files via apache.
They say something like:
to handle upload:
 * file contents will contain the unique file id.
 * send out 'tramline_ok' header if file is accepted. Failure to send
out this header will cause the file to be rejected.

Interestin line for you may be: "'tramline_ok' header should be sent if
file is accepted" because seems that you have some kind of control
before upload. But I don't know how it works. Maybe it does what you're
looking for.

Also Tramline seems to be almost separate from application server so
possibly Zope is not in danger while few users is sending large files.

--
Maciej Wisniowski