[Zope3-Users] Schema fields vs custom metadata

Svenn Helge Grindhaug Svenn.Helge.Grindhaug at bccs.uib.no
Fri Feb 23 13:19:50 EST 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007 18:38:23 you wrote:
> On 2/23/07, Svenn Helge Grindhaug <Svenn.Helge.Grindhaug at bccs.uib.no> wrote:
> > This is what I thought as well, but I got stuck leading me to think I
> > should implement the information as meta data. I get a forbiddenAttribute
> > error (see below) after adding a course and trying to enter the newly
> > created folder. Could you please tell me what I missing here.
>
> You didn't grant access to shortDesc for any permission.  The use of a
> schema field to describe the values doesn't cause permissions to be
> specified.

I did the some changes (below), and now it works :-) Thanks!

I tried different ways of adding the permissions for IWriteContainer and
IReadContainer without any luck. Can you tell me how to combine those and the
permissions for ICourse schema.

class Course(BTreeContainer):
    #implements(ICourse) <- now in configure.zcml

    shortDesc = u''

<-- configure -->

    <class class=".course.Course">
        <implements
            interface=".interfaces.ICourse
                       zope.annotation.interfaces.IAttributeAnnotatable"
            />
        <require
            permission="zope.View"
            interface=".interfaces.ICourse"