[Zope3-Users] Schema fields vs custom metadata

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 13:29:10 EST 2007

On 2/23/07, Svenn Helge Grindhaug <Svenn.Helge.Grindhaug at bccs.uib.no> wrote:
> I tried different ways of adding the permissions for IWriteContainer and
> IReadContainer without any luck. Can you tell me how to combine those and the
> permissions for ICourse schema.

This is where I find it easier to keep the specialized parts of the
interface separate from the other aspects (like IContainer), but
that's a style issue as much as anything.

>     <class class=".course.Course">
>         <implements
>             interface=".interfaces.ICourse
>                        zope.annotation.interfaces.IAttributeAnnotatable"
>             />
>         <require
>             permission="zope.View"
>             interface=".interfaces.ICourse"
>             />

It's worth knowing that you can specify multiple interfaces here,
seperated by spaces.  You can also combine interface="..." with
attributes="...".

>         <require
>             permission="zope.ManageContent"
>             set_schema=".interfaces.ICourse"
>             />

set_schema can also take multiple, space-separated schema, and
set_attributes="..." can be included as well.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca