[Zope3-Users] Application instantiation without ZMI

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at perse.ch
Tue Jun 19 04:07:48 EDT 2007

John Maddison wrote:
> I've just started playing around with using z3c.layer to create
> applications that don't use the ZMI at all.  Everything is pretty
> simple so far, except for one fairly important step: creating my
> initial application object in the ZODB.  What methods do people use to
> create their application root objects (aside from the ZMI)?
>
> Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways:
> * Special BrowserPage (named, e.g. 'install-app') that creates the
> application object and puts it in /
We do not change the root object itself, but we generate other
application root objects within the root object using an extension of
the z3c.sampledata package. This is very confortable to setup more
complex applications that needs some initial containment and
application-specific configurations.

Regards,
Dominik