[Zope3-Users] Application instantiation without ZMI

John Maddison maddisjohn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:42:46 EDT 2007

On 6/23/07, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, people at ZC prefer using generations. Others (including me), on the
> other hand, have developed z3c.configurator and z3c.sampledata, which can
> setup entire applications for you.

I can sort of see how to use generations, but z3c.configurator seems
to be the cleaner solution to me.  I'm a bit stuck, though - the only
way I can think of to trigger the configurator code for the root is to
call it from a IDatabaseOpenedWithRootEvent subscriber, and that seems
to have the same problem as Hermann's solution.  What's the trick?