[Zope3-Users] Re: Getting started with a zope 3 install as eggs

Jesper Petersen instantfoo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 04:59:45 EST 2007

Thanks for your replies Philipp and Brandon,Things are more clearly now
:) So zopeproject _only_ deals with setting up the environment for you, when
you run buildout eggs actually get installed. And, I don't need zopeproject
on my hosting machine at all, I just test and develop on my personal machine
and when ready, I install it as an egg on the host and run it.

Now I have the boring task of converting my old webapp done in 3.3.1 to an
egg with all
dependencies. Is there a way that can aid me in adding dependencies?
As it is now I see this in front of me..

1. Look at all imports to see what I need
2. Add them in configure.zcml with <include>
3. Add them in setup.py

I can also see 'file="meta.zcml"' in some includes, how would I know when to
specifically include a file or not? Having to look at the zope tree for
files seems kind of awkward.
Also, say that I use zope.foo.bar, how would I know wether to include
zope.foo or zope.foo.bar as a dependency? I could do a simple search on pypi
for this but it seems kind of time consuming.

Lots of questions :)
Thanks for your time
Jesper