[Zope3-Users] Re: zope.app.session and eggs?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 25 14:00:28 EDT 2007

Mats Nordgren wrote:
> I finally got the courage to try the eggs install on Windows after reading
> the documentation on zopeproject.  It worked great and I have my brand new
> project working.

Great to hear.

> Now here is the problem.  I'm assuming a "python setup.py install" will
> download all the parts and install it into my python site-packages directory
> as that seems to be what it is doing.

Yup. Note that this isn't quite recommended. Messing with the global
Python installation will make it very hard to run different kinds of
sandboxes (that require different versions of packages).

I suggest creating individual, quarantined sandboxes using zopeproject:
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zopeproject

> But I get an error when i get to the zope.app.session package.
>
> Here is the trace.  Now I'm not sure why it is trying to get the 3.4 version
> as the zopeproject downloaded the 3.5dev.  Can someone shed some light on
> this?
>
> Searching for zope.app.session
> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/zope.app.session/
> Reading http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.session
> Best match: zope.app.session 3.4.0
> Downloading
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/z/zope.app.session/zope.app.s
> ession-3.4.0.zip#md5=c3d63fd6917049ed3556d32972441031
> Processing zope.app.session-3.4.0.zip
> Running zope.app.session-3.4.0\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
> c:\docume~1\mats
> \locals~1\temp\easy_install-3z0srr\zope.app.session-3.4.0\egg-dist-tmp-b02rfo
> error:
> c:\docume~1\mats\locals~1\temp\easy_install-3z0srr\zope.app.session-3.4.0
> \CHANGES.txt: No such file or directory

Yes. Somebody created a new zope.app.session egg that doesn't contain a
CHANGES.txt. We'll try and upload a new one. Thanks for catching this.