[Zope3-Users] Zope 3.4 KGS leads to ZODB 3.9dev !?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sun Feb 3 09:47:40 EST 2008

Christophe Combelles a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a very simple buildout that tries to use the KGS:
> index = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/
> newest = false
>
> And my setup.py has (among others)
> install_requires=[(......)  ,'z3c.formui']
>
> a buildout -vv tells me that :
>
> (...)
> Adding find link 'http://download.zope.org/distribution' from z3c.formui
> 1.4.1
> (...)
> (...)
> We have no distributions for ZODB3 that satisfies 'ZODB3'.
> Processing ZODB3-3.9.0-dev-r77011.tar.gz
>
> So I get a development version of ZODB instead of 3.8
>
> Is there a problem with z3c.formui?
> Is there a way to tell buildout to *NEVER* use anything else than the KGS,
> so that it fails with an error instead of deciding what I should use?

Ok for this one, I just have to copy-paste all the versions from
http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg into the buildout.cfg.

But why did the index change in the middle of the buildout?
If I don't hardcode all the versions, it begins with an index ('zope3.4') and
changes to another index ('distribution') in the middle, so that all subsequent
packages are downloaded from that second index.