[Zope3-Users] UnpickleableError when adding object with reference

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Tue Jan 15 08:02:06 EST 2008

Le mardi 15 janvier 2008 à 07:05 -0500, john saponara a écrit :
> I add a Limoservice object, then inside that object add a Car; then I
> add a Driver (which contains a Car), and the AddForm offers a dropdown
> with '(no value)' and my Car object.  If I select the car from the
> dropdown I get an error:
>
> UnpickleableError: Cannot pickle <type 'zope.security._proxy._Proxy'>
> objects
>
> Whereas if I leave the dropdown at '(no value)', the error does not
> occur.  What am I doing wrong?  (See attached error.txt for full error.)

Hi,
As explained into error message, you can't store security proxied
objects into ZODB : you have to remove proxy before they can be stored.

What I generally do is just something like this :

  from zope.security.proxy import removeSecurityProxy

  class Driver(Contained):
    implements(IDriver,ILimoserviceContained)
    _car = None

    def _getCar(self):
      return self._car

    def _setCar(self, value):
      self._car = removeSecurityProxy(value)

    car = property(_getCar,_setCar)

Like that, any way the car property is modified, it's automatically
unproxied and can be stored safely.

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85