[Zope3-Users] Support for components and interfaces in Python 2.5

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Mar 20 16:35:03 EDT 2008

Nate Lowrie wrote:
> Long time python programmer.  New to Zope.  I want to use Zope 3's
> component and interface libraries for a plugin system for a rather
> complex Accounting/ERP program I am developing.  I was extremely
> dismayed when I found absolutely no support for Python 2.5.

You're misinformed.  Almost all of "Zope 3" works with Python 2.5.
Specifically it sounds like you're interested in zope.interface and
zope.component, both of which work fine with 2.5.  For a
project-by-project listing, see
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ModuleImplementationStatus.

> What is
> going on?  Python 2.5 has been released for almost a year now and
> porting hasn't been done yet?

Almost all of the individual packages have been ported at this point.
I'm not sure as to the status of RestrictedPython, but it doesn't sound
like you want to use it anyway.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer