[Zope3-Users] Looking for the Z3C tutorial?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Oct 10 05:19:17 EDT 2008

Hi

> Betreff: Re: [Zope3-Users] Looking for the Z3C tutorial?
>
> On Oct 9, 2008, at 12:02 PM, Paul Carduner wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > My website that was hosting the z3c tutorial recently went down.  I
> > haven't had time to diagnose the problems and bring it back up.  In
> > the mean time, I have moved the z3c tutorial to ibiblio.
> If you have
> > been looking for it recently, you can find it here:
> >
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/paulcarduner/z3ctutorial/
> >

> I'm new to using Zope.  I've wanted to learn it for years and
> was intimidated.  Just last night I finally got a app up and
> running (and actually understood what was going on).  I was
> using zope.formlib.form, thinking this is how you do forms in Zope.
>
> Now I'm reading about z3c.form.
>
> Is z3c.form replacing zope.formlib.form?

Not in general.

zope.app.form was the initial implementation. After that
we noticed that this is not flexible enough. Zope corp
developed a new form framework zope.fromlib which improved
many things. Later we developed based on the great experiences
in zope.formlib the z3c.form package. This work was driven from
a project which Stephan and I where working on. We needed many
additional hooks which we didn't had in zope.formlib. Because we
did some crazy things like wizards, we're using session as
a context and implemented persistent question/answer objects etc.
btw, this project is still using zope.formlib! But it whould be
much simpler to do it with z3c.form.

Now we have 3 different form frameworks available. Every of
this framework has it's own goodies and edges. But I whould not
say that one is better then the other. I also think none of them
will go away or get replaced by another one in the near future.

Just feel free to pickup the one which will fit for you.
Of corse I whould recommend z3c.form but probably I'm not
the right person to give a recommendation.

Regards
Roger Ineichen