[Zope3-Users] registerHandler question/problem

Tom Sanders | DGS Visueel t.sanders at dgsvisueel.nl
Mon Jun 15 06:26:54 EDT 2009

Hi

this is my first post to this group. I hope someone can help me. I have
the following problem using Zope 3.4:

I have created a simple handler using the @adapter decorator and
register it in the local site manager. The handler works fine but the
ZMI tab showing the sites' registrations crashes with a
ComponentLookupError in HandlerRegistration. The message comes from
@@registrations.html and it appears that my handler should have
zope.app.component.browser.registration.ISiteRegistrationDisplay
implemented.
This however, requires a class. So I created a class with a __call__
method, but I cannot even get it to work as a global handler... :-(

Can anyone explain how to register a handler in the local sitemanager
without crashing the ZMI registrations tab? Even a simple handler in a
class using implements/adapts with ZCML configuration in stead of the
usual @adapter decorator approach would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Tom