[Zope3-Users] Problems with (understanding?) the pluggable authenticator utility

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Wed May 13 02:41:11 EDT 2009

Am Dienstag 12 Mai 2009 22:04:13 schrieb legokai2 at aol.com:
> Hello,
> i created the permissions in my permissions.zcml, mapped them to roles
> in roles.zcml, and included the files in the configure.zcml. But after
> restarting zope, i still cant see anything interesting on the "grants"
> page. What am i missing?
> Additionally i dont understand how to use the pau. After setting it up,
> i have no idea, how i can use it to log in and out. When i click the
> "login" link, i only can log in as manager.
> Could you please give me a hint, where i can continue learning? (in
> which file is the pau documented?)
> thanks for answering my (probably) quite nooby questions. Kai

I would recommend you to have a look at the doctests, which describe the PAU
in detail: zope.app.authentication, README.txt and other .txt files.

What will also help you is Philipps book, as the basics, (what is a principal
etc.) is explained there.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7