[ZPT] zpt & GoLive

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 15:40:15 +0100

Joseph Wayne Norton wrote:

> a. we tried using the webdav features of go live with zope but ran
> into some trouble.  go live was not able to see or edit the raw PT
> source via webdav mode.

Did you go in via the WebDAV source port or just the normal HTTP port?

> b. we tried integrating some existing dtml/python methods with a zpt
> but ran into the trouble of the handling of "." in the object names in
> zope

That shouldn't have been a problem. Where did you run into issues?

> and go live not understanding (for example) that "index_html" is
> really html.

Yeah, this is a combination of Zope bugs a GoLive being brain dead. ContentType
!== file extension.
Sadly, the entire Windows community seems to have been brainwashed that this is
the case. It's enough to make me wanna get a Mac :-(

cheers,

Chris