[ZPT] Default POST type

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:57:41 +0200

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:07:56PM -0500, Sim Harbert wrote:
> It would be really neat if the default type of object
> created when a POST (or publish) to Zope could be set to
> Page Template rather than DTML.  Having a property set that
> behavior would probably be the best way to do it in case
> someone wants the default to stay the way it is.
>
> I was realizing this when I create a page using a an editor
> (in this case Netscape Composer) and the "publishing" it to
> my Zope server.  I either have create the object as a Page
> Template before publish, or rename and then transfer the
> contents to a new object I create.
>
> This is just in case you run out of things to do. :)

FTP, WebDAV and Netscape Composer us PUT to create and edit files. The
type of object that is created can be overridden using a special hook; it
allows you even to create different objects based on the uploaded content.
This has been implemented since 2.3.0a1:

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/HookablePUTCreation

The above proposal explains how it is implemented and what you need to do
to get it to create a ZPT object for you.

--
Martijn Pieters