[ZPT] [Weakness] "tal:repeat" not yet right

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:35:17 +0200 (CEST)

While the other TAL: commands provide for a quite natural use,
the "tal:repeat" is not as natural as it should be.

Problems:

1. The "tal:repeat" has two different relevant contexts:

       the loop as a whole and each iteration seperately.

   For each of these contexts, one would like to have
   "define" and "condition".

   Currently, we have "tal:define" for the complete loop
   and "tal:condition" for each iteration.

   We should get orthogonal sets for the two contexts.

2. At least for me, it is still quite tedious
   to make nice looping templates.
   However, this may be inherently difficult.
   At least, I do not have a good idea, how to make it better.

Dieter