[ZPT] TALESError

Chris Meyers chris@hddesign.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:40:08 -0600

I am using python 2.1.2 with Zope 2.5 on a RedHat Linux Server, and I am getting the following error message when viewing a zpt page in a browser:

 Error Type: TALESError
 Error Value: exceptions.IOError on [Errno 5] Input/output error in '', at line 40, column 1

 Troubleshooting Suggestions

     * The URL may be incorrect.
     * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
     * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

     For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML source for this page.

     If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

The prolem is that I don't get the error all the time. It will work most of the time, and then once in a while I will get that error. If I go back or forward in my browser and then come back to the page it displays fine. Specifically the page that I am getting this error on is a display of some data from a zsql query 30 records at a time with a next previous button at the top. While paging through the record set with the next previous button I will occasionally get the error. It doesn't consistantly happen for one chunck of data, i.e. one time through the record set I will click the next button to get to records 121-150 and I will get the error, then the next time I won't get the error until I reach records 271-300.

The line that the error is pointing to looks like this:

where qrymgr is a python script which builds the SELECT statement for the query, calls the zsql method and then returns the record set to the zpt.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks

--
Chris Meyers