[ZPT] Reason for <script> and <style> exclusion?

Harry Wilkinson harryw@nipltd.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:33:02 +0000

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 4:28 pm, Joel Burton wrote:
> > I've been wondering something for a while now.... Why is it that
> > script and
> > style tags are specifically excluded from ZPT rendering?  I
> > thought I might
> > stumble accross a really good reason for it after getting along
> > without it
> > for a while using Python scripts, but I haven't yet.
> >
> > So, what's the exclusion for?
> >
> > I'd really like to be able to use ZPT to render my dynamically generated
> > scripts and styles.
>
> Harry --
>
> Can you explain your problem specifically and clearly? I'm rendering script
> and style tags in ZPT now; either I'm doing something right or I'm not
> understanding where you're stuck.

Maybe I phrased it badly.  The tags and their contents are not excluded from
the output, but their contents are not processed.  They are skipped because
of this like in TAL/HTMLParser.py :

CDATA_CONTENT_ELEMENTS = ("script", "style")