[ZPT] zope objects

James Webster james at xargla.org
Tue May 20 09:27:30 EDT 2003

Please excuse if this isn't the right list for this problem.  It is
partly a question of most of the documentation still relating to DTML,
whereas I'm keen to use Page Templates.

I'm working on small app. which starts with a form which allows the user
to choose some criteria which will form the basis of an SQL method (e.g.
number of records to select).  I've got the form template working fine
and an SQL method working as I want it.  However, I need to process the
parameters passed from the form in a python script.  For example, if the
user chooses to search for last names, a different SQL method is called
from when he or she chooses to search for first names.

I think I can write the script (though I'm very much a python and zope
newbie).  However, I can't quite see how to connect the objects so that
the process works like this:

form submitted --> script process chooses SQL method to call --> SQL
method selects data using user criterion --> page template renders data
from SQL method.

Any ideas?

James

---