[ZPT] Re: single TAL file for displaying contents!

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Tue Jul 27 05:37:23 EDT 2004

vaibhav uprety wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a list of folders in my site in which i keep
> documents for different locations. I am using the
> following TAL code to display the files in a
> particular folder.

> <h4 tal:define="global file_obs
> python:here.objectValues(['File'])"
>     tal:condition="not:file_obs">No Documents are
> available in this category</h4>
> <!-- If we find some, then do the table stuff -->
>        tal:condition="file_obs">
>   <th>Name</th>
> python:here.objectValues(['File'])">
>
> tal:content="file_ob/title_or_id">__file_ob__title_or_id_</a>
>
> But i have to copy this code to every folder in order
> to display the file contents of that particular
> folder.
>
> Is it possible to display the contents of different
> folders by creating a single page template?
>
> Vaibhav Uprety

Look at the use of macros explained in

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AdvZPT.stx

Search for "metal:define-macro" or "metal:use-macro"

This way you could share the code herabove like with function calls in
programming languages.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)                http://bubblenet.be