[ZPT] Re: single TAL file for displaying contents!

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 27 06:24:34 EDT 2004

vaibhav uprety wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a list of folders in my site in which i keep
> documents for different locations. I am using the
> following TAL code to display the files in a
> particular folder.

[snipped pt code]

> But i have to copy this code to every folder in order
> to display the file contents of that particular
> folder.
>
> Is it possible to display the contents of different
> folders by creating a single page template?

Name your template 'index_html' and place it one level higher:

<site-root>
     <data-folder>
         'index_html'
         <folder-a>
         <folder-b>
         <folder-c>

Or name your page template 'folder_contents' and put a 'index_html' DMTL
medthod width '<dtml-var folder_contents>' in every folder:

<site-root>
     'folder_contents'
     <folder-a>
         'index_html'
     <folder-b>
         'index_html'
     <folder-c>
         'index_html'

Or if you use CMF, you can use SkinnedFolders, they can have their own
'view' instead of acquiring the 'index_html'.

HTH

Tonico