[ZPT] Newbie: Questions?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 21 14:34:38 EST 2005

Martin Jennings wrote at 2005-1-21 15:48 +0100:
>One of problems that I have is that the information is in french and it
>does not like the accents, the letters kind on print on top of each other.

Strange....

I come from a neighbour country. Our letters do not have accents
but little dots above them. But "ZPT" does not have problems
with this. In fact, it should not have problems with accented letters
either.

You should check the "Content-Type" header of your HTTP request.
It should be something like

or

*If* you use "utf-8" as source encoding of your ZTPs,
then it should be

>Otherwise, I am also looking at how to trim strings.

"trim" means what? Limit its size: this looks like "string[:len]".

>Like I said, total newbie.

Read the Zope Book (2.6/2.7 edition, online).
Work through the Python tutorial.

--
Dieter