[BlueBream] User Registration and Folder GUI needed

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Wed Sep 15 22:03:07 EDT 2010

 One of the great ideas from the Plone world is that each user can self
register, they then have their own folder, where they can add content,
to be indexed by the ZCatalogs, and displayed as needed.

I need that whole chunk of software.  Users can register themselves,
they can then log in and go to their folder, add content, and do the ZMI
thing of renaming content, deleting it, copying it, cutting it and
pasting it.

I know the ZMI has been removed from bluebream.  I downloaded
ice.control.  But it does not have the full folder capabilities.  It
took me as a developer a while to understand it.  It is really very developer centric.
What I need is the user interface for end users.  Add Edit and delete content objects.   It
seems to only have delete and rename.  Not the other functions. So here
are some tools that might help me.

There is zope.app.undo

There is the zodb browser

There is p01.zmi

There is ztfy.zmi

THere is zope.app.basicskin

There is z3ext.portal, but it looks like the maintainer has taken a full time job in the US.

I think grok may have some of this stuff, I am not sure.

Is there any write up about how to go down this path.  Do I need to go
to each site, review their limited docs, download and install and test
each interface. Surely there must be a better way.

I guess when I download BlueBream a whole bunch of decisions have been
made for me, but someone decided to yank the very useful ZMI.  Makes me
question the other decisions which have been made.

It would also be great if there were documentation somewhere about the
major architectural decisions made in designing BlueBream, ZTK and the
other ZTK based apps.

So what do I use for a basic ZMI?  Really for content management?

 Chris