[ZF] Official Packages / ZSCP / Development process

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 03:36:46 EDT 2007

Don't worry, I've read Martijn's subsequence messages before replying to
this one...

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Sadly, this is the reason why I stopped actively trying to follow the
>> foundation work...
>
> Chris, this has NOTHING to do with the Foundation, predates the
> incorporation of the Foundation,

ZSCP? I'm inclined to agree, having had a nose around inside it. I think
I was mistaken that that this discussion was around the heavyweight
processed I remember reading to do with foundation bye laws and the like...

> work again. The Foundation is trying to do such basic things as having
> the ability to run zope.org sites without having to go through ZC. The
> Foundation is whatever people make of it.

...within the limitations of the legal processes surrounding it. I
remember these being very red-tape-ish, but I guess they may have
changed, so I apologise if things have got easier and more sensible ;-)

>> I remember with the fish bowl, zope.org maintenence and then the whole
>> foundation process, it seems things haven't changed :-(
>
> Direct your complaints to those who originated this effort, not the
> Foundation. Thanks.

Well, okay, but if it's got nothing to do with the foundation, why is it
being discussed on the foundation list?

 > And argh, my apologies to Chris Withers for my original response.
 > Obviously his blaming the Foundation for this bit of complication was
 > well-justified, as I just read this:

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the foundation for anything, I'm
railing against stiffling legalese anywhere in the process, be it
foundation or otherwise. That's why I quoted the fishbowl and zope.org
maintenence examples...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk