[Grok-dev] testsetup and grokdocs

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri Apr 25 09:47:38 EDT 2008

I don't know how or what to do in terms of details but I'd just like
to put my weight behind the importance of ease of use of testing.
Let's not repeat the failure of Zope2 where it took years before the
testing framework dust settled during which time the documentation
swayed from non-existant to outdated.

I'd also like to vote for having Uli's testsetup stuff part of the
grokproject setup so that setting up an app sets up all the
appropriate stubs to get started with tests. This is something I could
perhaps help out with in the near future (e.g. grokkerdamn).

On 25/04/2008, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  there are now three Grok branches with testsetup stuff hanging around in
>  the repository. I'd like to get rid of them ASAP by merging one of them
>  into the trunk. One version (ulif-testsetup-pre0.13) provides improved
>  testsetup support, while another (ulif-no-testsetup) is a version of the
>  0.12 release with testsetup support ripped out at all.
>
>  Furthermore I'd like to merge the docgroks branch into the trunk, which
>  uses sphinx as documentation engine. Currently I have to port back every
>  change in the trunks doc/ dir to this branch, which would not be
>  necessary any more, when I could merge this branch.
>
>  Any opinions about that?
>
>  Kind regards,
>
>  --
>
> Uli