[ZDP] Article Submission/Display

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
06 Oct 1999 09:06:23 -0700

Martijn Pieters writes: <concerns about security>

I hear you Martijn. IMHO it's more important to make contributions a
no-brainer, than to defend against vandals, at this point.

For example: I've just signed up at zope.org; I find out about ZDP; I
want to make a small contribution. Extend a chapter, upload a status
document or whatever. It seems I need to get another account on a
separate site. How ? Hmm, must search mailing list.. wait for
approval.. Hmm, instead why not publish a howto or tip with my
existing account and raise my standing with the entire zope
community ? Yeah..

Perhaps I overstate the case. Just 2 cents worth.