[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:34:26 -0300

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 03:55:01AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Over the last few months I have been refactoring one of our internal
> > projects that used to use this idiom. One problem is that you often
> > have to create more derived classes than you might think is
> > necessary; the purpose of the extra classes is solely to change the
> > type of the classes it creates.

You can also do evil things like:

    from ZEO.StorageServer import StorageServer
    StorageServer.ZEOStorageClass = MyZEOStorage

If subclassing is too much trouble. This is not without side-effects,
but for many cases is sufficient.

Take care,